- Direct 248-645-9018
Homes by Carol...
I have been listing and selling real estate in Bloomfield and the surrounding areas since 1993. Prior to my second career in real estate, I spent 25 years in industry as an information specialist, consultant and manager. During that time, most of my leisure time involved interior decorating, home remodeling projects and gardening/landscaping. Combining sales and consulting skills honed in industry and substantial knowledge of residential property issues gained from her avocations, has led to a successful career as a real estate agent and created a growing trail of satisfied customers.
Some of my strengths are:
- Listening - Training from many years of consulting experience has taught me to listen not only to the "words" a Client uses, but also to "read between the lines" and observe Client reactions. These are important skills when listing a property for a Seller, as well as assisting a Buyer in finding a home they will love.
- Establishing Property Value - I have a great track record in evaluating a home's location, style, décor, mechanicals, general maintenance and landscaping to ascertain an appropriate value for the property. This is beneficial to both Buyers and Sellers.
- Home Staging - Paying attention to Buyer-desired details and many years of home decorating experience, has led me to develop a keen eye for changes to a home's décor, furniture arrangement, maintenance and/or landscaping that will enhance a home's selling price in a cost-effective manner and shorten the selling time. I have been performing home staging - in vacant as well as inhabited properties - for nearly 20 years. A well-staged home will sell for 10 - 20% more than a vacant or poorly presented property. Select home staging services are available to my Listing Clients at no cost.
- Marketing - I apply the marketing techniques used in industry to promote my real estate properties - knowing what the Buyer desires and presenting each home so that it appeals to the appropriate Buying demographic. The key point is NOT to market each home identically, as Buyers of properties in different areas and price ranges have different expectations. Marketing techniques also have to change with the times in order for a homeowner to receive the most benefit from a property sale.
- Knowledge of School System Areas - Many Buyers are unaware that "named" municipal areas (e.g., Troy, Bloomfield, Birmingham) and school systems bearing the same name, are not synonymous! For example, you can live in the City of Troy, but your school system may be Troy, Birmingham, Bloomfield, Avondale, Warren Consolidated or Royal Oak --- dependent, of course, on exactly where your home is located. If school system is important to a Buyer, I can advise as to all of the geographic areas where that school system can be found.