Homes by Carol...
Carol has been listing and selling real estate in Bloomfield and surrounding areas since 1993. Prior to her second career in real estate, she spent 25 years in industry as an information specialist, consultant and manager. During that time, most of Carol's leisure hours involved interior decorating, home remodeling projects and gardening/landscaping. Combining sales and consulting skills honed in industry and substantial knowledge of residential property issues gained from her avocations, has led to a successful career as a real estate agent and created a growing trail of satisfied customers.
Some of Carol's strengths are:
- Listening - Many years of consulting experience have trained Carol to listen not only to the "words" a Client uses, but also to "read between the lines" and observe Client reactions. These are important skills when listing a property for a Seller, as well as assisting a Buyer in finding a home they will love.
- Establishing Property Value - Carol has a great track record in evaluating a home's location, style, decor, mechanicals, general maintenance and landscaping to ascertain an appropriate value for the property. This is beneficial to both Buyers and Sellers.
- Home Staging - Paying attention to Buyer-desired details and many years of home decorating experience, led Carol to develop a keen eye for changes to a home's decor, furniture arrangement, maintenance and/or landscaping that will enhance a home's selling price in a cost-effective manner and shorten the selling time. She has been performing home staging --- in vacant as well as inhabited properties --- for nearly 20 years. A well-staged home will sell for 10 - 20% more than a vacant or poorly presented property. Select home staging services are available to Carol's Listing Clients at no cost.
- Marketing - Carol applies the marketing techniques used in industry to promoting her real estate properties --- know what the Buyer desires and present each home so that it appeals to the appropriate Buying demographic. The key point is not to market each home identically, as Buyers of properties in different areas and price ranges have different expectations. Marketing techniques also have to change with the times in order for a Homeowner to receive the most benefit from a property sale.
- Knowledge of School System Areas - Many Buyers are unaware that "named" municipal areas (e.g., Troy, Bloomfield, Birmingham) and school systems bearing the same name, are not synonymous! For example, you can live in the City of Troy, but your school system may be Troy, Birmingham, Bloomfield, Avondale, Warren Consolidated or Royal Oak --- dependent, of course, on exactly where your home is located. If school system is important to a Buyer, Carol can advise as to all of the geographic areas where that school system can be found.
The preceding strengths provide the following specific advantages to her Clients.
Seller Advantages - Vacant Homes
Early in Carol's real estate career, she recognized that vacant resale homes do not sell very fast and usually for a lower price than the same home with furnishings. In fact, her very first listing had been on the market with another Realtor® for six months with no offers forthcoming. When she walked through the empty house prior to listing, Carol caught herself visualizing each room with furnishings. Knowing that only 15% of the population is actually able to accomplish such visualization, Carol developed a plan for populating the rooms with some real and some pseudo furnishings to give potential buyers a perspective of how the home would appear when furnished. Within 3 weeks, the Seller had two offers from which to choose! Based on such great initial success, Carol has continued to provide Faux Furnishings/staging for her Seller's listings, much to her clients' delight! She now also provides this service to the general public, doing business as MAXIMUM IMPACT!
Seller Advantages - Occupied Homes
All Buyers are very visual --- what they see is what they get! For a home to sell in a reasonable time frame and at the best possible price, it must have appeal to current Buyers and be photographed well. Carol has assisted many of her Sellers in re-arranging and "tweaking" their decor to enhance the visual appeal and salability. Although it's preferable to have a number of photos of your home on popular websites, the quality of the photos is of great importance --- dimly-lit pictures of less-than-photogenic rooms is not a plus! Carol takes multiple photos of key rooms and exterior features and selects only the best ones for publication.
Carol has obtained an in-depth knowledge of most of Oakland County and parts of Macomb and Wayne counties, by working for several real estate offices located in Bloomfield, Rochester Hills and Troy. In addition to those 3 areas, Carol has listed and sold homes in Birmingham, West Bloomfield, Livonia, Farmington Hills, Canton, Novi, Commerce, Highland, Waterford, Clarkston, Lake Orion, Oakland Township, Auburn Hills, Shelby, Sterling Heights, Clinton and Chesterfield Townships, Warren, Clawson, Royal Oak, Berkley, Huntington Woods, Pleasant Ridge, Oak Park, Hazel Park and Southfield, not necessarily in that order. Having an appreciation for a wide range of areas makes it easier to assist Buyers, as they often start out focused on one area --- only to eventually buy a home in an entirely different community.
If you are looking for an agent with great enthusiasm, residential property knowledge, and the sales and communication skills to assist you in your home selling and/or buying process, call Carol Dye. She'll be glad to explain her various programs for Buyers and Sellers to you!